Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Song of the Desert

Hey everyone :)
This is Emma. I'm making my blogging debut. One of the things I have really enjoyed during this trip has been the JAM ( Jesus And Me) time. It sounds a little silly but when every day you go go go it is such a blessing to have some quiet alone time with God and rejuvenate with His word.

Throughout my JAM times, God has kept bringing me little snippets of poems. Never a full poem or anything explicit but usually just phrases or little thoughts.
However, as I was having my time with God this afternoon, all my little snippets all fell together to form a coherent poem that for me really sums up what I've learned in my devotions these last three weeks. I actually feel it is pretty fitting and actually really cool that God brought it all together for me on this last full day here.

Thus, Amy and Mulv asked me to post it for you so you could all get a little taste of what we having been learning over here. Also thank you again for all your love and prayers. Without them, this poem would never have had a chance to be born ;)

A Song of the Desert
By Emma Beyers

I hear a voice calling out.
A piercing cry in the desert.
"Trust me for I am the
First and the Last.
I am the Word made flesh.
The only true Amen.
Who are you to fear,
O child I created?
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand,
And give rest to your weary soul.
Your Bridegroom waits
With a hand outstretched-
'Come my Church.
I have prepared a Way.' "
Oh God, I hear it
In the desert.
Now give me an ear
To hear it at home.

1 comment:

  1. Emma
    I love this poem. I especially appreciate the last four lines. I am praying that the words will be true for you as you return home.
    I love you.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete