Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Two Wheels are not for me :)

Hello all! This is Molly speaking to you directly from Cappadocia. Thus far, Cappadocia has been my favorite stay the whole trip. As a matter of fact, today was my favorite day of the whole trip. Sadly, it is our last full day here in Turkey before we start our travels back home.

Today, I and six others rented out some Mo-peds. I initially wanted to dominate the two-wheeled contraption with ease, but alas! I failed. I was pretty much cursed the whole two hours. First, my brakes were not exactly in the best shape. Second, my helmet did not fit properly so it kept falling off my head when I was going about 70-80 Kilometers/Mile out on the high way... :) AWESOME. And third, I did not anticipate off-roading with this dainty little machine. I biffed it TWICE right in front of our cute Turk guide, Edgoon. It was grand!

The first fall was more of a graceful fall. I was a little shaken, but then I got right back up again determined to dominate. The second fall was a bit more brutal. Which in turn, resulted in two amazing battle wounds; one on my right arm and one on my right leg. Once again, I got up and drove that baby like nothing even happened. The older guide, James, was a tad bit shocked at how smily and happy I was through out the whole cursed experience :P Edgoon just egged me on (and the rest of the gang) to go faster and faster even though he had already saved me about three times already. (The other save is insignificant. He just rode my Mo-ped out of a rocky area for me.) The two of them are too much fun. At one point, James let me lead the group... but then he told me to slow down... haha...

Through out this lovely fun filled afternoon, I was absolutely giddy to be out on the open road looking to what is ahead and at the beautiful Red Valley Turkish terrain. In the same way, I am looking ahead to what God has planned for me and my life and what beauty lies there. I am ready to be that better person and live life in the fast lane on the open road with God (in todays case: James) leading the way.

I am not sure why today was my favorite day... It really isn't normal for one to think that the only day they got hurt was their favorite day, but it was for me. James and Edgoon are still joking about how I need help traversing around our hotel so I don't trip and fall. Whenever they are around, I tend to trip up or down stiars, on an uneven tile, or run into a tree branch... oh dear! I laugh when I think about what they must think of me. It will be sad to leave them and my other Turkish friends behind. But, as said before, I am ready to move right on ahead into the great unkown and let God be the one to save me from my falls in life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Molly! Mom here... I read your post, and feel as though you are right here next to me, making me laugh!!! I can't wait to see you and your battle scars... :) I miss you a lot and can't wait to hear what God has done (and will continue to do) in your life. You know how nervous I get when I think of you going to such a large college this fall, but with God on your journey with you, you can do anything! I love you and can't wait to see your smiling face! Dad wants to know if you want turkey and stuffing for your first dinner at home... :)

    ReplyDelete